Content Management with WordPress
A CMS That’s Easy to Use
- WordPress is easy to use and one of the most convenient and user friendly CMS systems available today. It is renowned for its simplicity. No prior technical experience or skills are required to use it. If you can use Word or send and email WordPress will be a breeze.
- WordPress is an open souce Contenet Management System that is one of the most widely used CMS systems available. The advantages of an open source system is that there is a large and dynamic support community so you will never be stuck with any one web company or developer.
- You are not purchasing a proprietary software, rather you are paying to customise an open source CMS system for your website.
Better Search Engine Results
- From the start WordPress is well optimised system, and it does a good job at allowing all your pages to be indexed. That means your site is more likely to land on Google’s first result page, which means people will find your first.
- WordPress uses different techniques that allow it to be search engine friendly. For example making categories, tagging your posts, use of H1/H2 tags etc.
Ability to Create Website and a Blog
- WordPress has the flexibility to allow you to edit your website pages and create posts for your blog all from the one admin area. Pages generally contain information like “about us”, “contact us” or “services” a blog has regular entries e.g. descriptions of events, or other material such as graphics or video. The ability to edit both web pages as well blog posts offers a high level of flexibility for organising and presenting content to visitors. You can have a static home page while other sections could contain frequently updated information, articles, or blogs.
DIY Website Maintenance
- After the initial design and set-up you do not need to hire the services of Media on Mars to do updates like change copy or images.
- WordPress can grow with your business and things like shoping carts or image galleries can be added on.
If you have a project in mind that needs a CMS (content management system) please get in touch and we’ll give you the best advice for your project.
77 Stirling Highway
North Fremantle 6159 WA
tel +61 8 9433 3394
fax +61 8 9335 5377